Thursday, February 11, 2010

What is a polite way to offer to split the bill on a first date ? ?

I know that it is proper for the asker to pay for the meal, however I also feel obligated to offer to pay. Since it is no longer the ';good old days'; and going ';dutch'; is increasingly popular. How would one phrase the question without seeming rude ? What is a polite way to offer to split the bill on a first date ? ?
I just usually go with a random assortment of bills in my purse, then when the bill comes I just usually reach for it first take a look at what my half is (or ballpark it from the menu when I order) and just take out the money and put it on the check.





If they say nothing, they're cool with it. I've been handed back the money a time or two, but at least I put up my part.








Basically, assume it's dutch. I wouldn't want to assume that the other person is paying. What is a polite way to offer to split the bill on a first date ? ?
When the check comes simply reach for it or if they are too fast start pulling out your wallet/purse. If they don't take the hint just ask how much do I owe. I would also suggest only insisting once then asking are you sure, if they decline, then let them have it.





You will only be rude if you continually ask to or insist to pay your share. He will think that you thinks poorly of him if you pay your share after he has already made it clear that its no problem.
i know that's a hard one,I said this once to a friend I wanted to go out to eat with but my budget was tight. '; I was thinking of going to _____ for lunch i just have enough to get myself something small but think it would be fun if you came too if you had no where else to go would you like to come with me? that way it shows u cant pay but still want them to come and it turned out fine a lot of guys if they are brought up right wont expect you to pay, unless there the moocher type...ok i read the last part he asked you, thats happend to me too Isaid thank you so much for dinner would you like me to treat you to icecream or a movie?
Don't do it on the first date. After the third date is more appropriate. Let him pay. He asked you.
Don't even offer..


He does not expect it and it


will only cause confusion..
  • myspace co uk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment