Thursday, February 11, 2010

Have you ever split the beam? How did you keep from losing face? How do you recover?

Ok, I am a girl! It isn't supposed to hurt for me, not to mention I see gymnasts on Tv doing it frequently with no effect. I don't need to mention how embarrassing it is, but I want to know how others deal with it?Have you ever split the beam? How did you keep from losing face? How do you recover?
I had split the beam many times back when I was a gymnast. It's something to be expected when you work on beam, so please don't feel so embarrassed by it. Everyone splits the beam once in a while.





But it does hurt, even if you're a girl. As for the gymnasts on tv, not only have they done that sort of thing many times before, but you've also got to remember that what you're watching on tv most of the time are competitions. Things are very different in a competition than they are in practice. Being a competitive gymnast myself a couple years back, I know how nerves and concentration can effect things such as pain. In front of a judge, you loose yourself in your routines. So you may do something such as splitting the beam, and yeah while it may hurt a bit, you probably won't be feeling the full brunt of it until later on.





As for dealing with the pain... ice is the best cure for beam bites. ^.^Have you ever split the beam? How did you keep from losing face? How do you recover?
im on my bfs comp. but i have split the beam more times than i can count... it hurts us too... and can even break your pelvic bone... you just learn how to take the pain and how to catch yourself so it doesnt hurt... you will normally see a girl grab the beam right before she crashes on it... youll pick it up quickly... as for losing face... you dont... it happens to everyone in the female gymnastics world... brush it off... get right back up... and do the stunt again so you dont develope a fear of it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment