Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I recharge a domestic split air conditioner?

I have a pressure manifold and gas but need to know what pressure readings to useHow do I recharge a domestic split air conditioner?
Call a tech, some units are charged by sub-cooling and or super heat.How do I recharge a domestic split air conditioner?
We would need to know what type of refrigerant the system uses, plus many other things play into account. Such as the size of the unit-how many tons it is.


Also to buy and use refrigerant you are suppose to have a refrigerant/epa license.
Also air conditioners don't ';use up'; refrigerant. It's a closed system, unless there is a leak somewhere. If you haven't done this before, I suggest getting a professional to look at the system if you think there is a freon leak. It's against the law to ';charge'; a system that has a known leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment