Sunday, February 7, 2010

What do you think of the change on Survivor? splitting teams up by races?

I like it thus far. It definitely gives the show more equal representation as opposed to other seasons when there was only token representation of one minority. Eventually, the tribes will merge and it will be interesting to see how the dynamics play out in terms of will the races stick together, or will they divide by gender, and how they devious they will be when it comes down to individual immunity.What do you think of the change on Survivor? splitting teams up by races?
why is it so conroversial it was ok last season to seperate into male/female old/and young i think it will make people see that the stereotypes are a mythWhat do you think of the change on Survivor? splitting teams up by races?
I think it has caused allot of controversy and no matter the game is all about the people and how they play, alien and well they use strategy to win the million dollars.....to me really not a big deal....I don't like to have people seperated like that.....everyone is equal in my book....they have done it by age and gender.....just a way to grab the ratings.
i think its a great idea. different cultures have different ways of dealing with things , some have better instincts then others. lets just find out who! it definitely doesn't have anything to do with racism, I'm a white girl but i'm betting on the afro americans to win this year.
I don't watch Survivor, but when I read the answers here so far, I said to myself, ';Oh...so this is why Mad TV did their Survivor parody last week the way they did.';





If you didn't see it, there was a series of skits last week where Jeff Probst (played by Michael McDonald) begins the show and introduces the teams. And there was in fact an a white team, a black team, an Asian team, and a Mexican team, with exploitation of the applicable stereotypes for each.





I'm all for equal representation of all races on TV and in real life, but the Mad TV sketch made it look awful. The stereotypes were lame and it made Survivor look like Not-Thursday's-#1 Show.
I think it will perpetuate racism %26amp; hate more than it is. Even though it's JUST a game it can't be good for society, just TV!!
I'm happy to see a more racially diverse cast, but not happy with how the teams were divided. I think its a publicity ploy and it's more then a little offensive. I'll still watch though. It does make it hard to root for a team, without feeling like a racist.
it is television they will try anything to get people to watch.
I think it's great. Let's see what folks can do. My bets go on African Americans and Whitey (no offense to others, ok).
Don't watch. Don't care.
I haven't seen the show yet, missed it last Thursday night, but will be watching it tonight. However, I have heard about it - and I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. If I am rooting for a particular individual or team it is because I like a particular individual or team. Race has never been a factor for me before, on an individual basis; why should it be a factor now when the teams are split up by race at the beginning of the show? Eventually, all the teams will merge and you'll probably still be rooting for the person that appeals to you the most - regardless of race.





Don't make a big deal out of it and it won't become a big deal.
that the nazis are alive and well at the nazi broadcasting company
I think it just adds more stereotypes and divides races even more than they already are. We should be embracing the different races not seperating them more.
I think it's stupid!
STUPID


its just to try and get more viewers. They must have run out of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment